THE DEACONESS MOTHER HOUSE –
PROTECTED IN MODERN CONDITION
After their house became too small due to intensive growth in the sisterhood, the deaconesses contracted Godehard Schwethelm to construct a new, larger mother house in 1932. This impressive building attracted more than 4,000 guests to Elbingerode for its formal opening in 1934, and continues to reveal the simplicity and functionality of the period’s architectural style in many of its details. In the adjacent guesthouse “Tanne” on the park-like grounds, guests will find an oasis to recharge themselves.
„Hier ist ein höherer Bauherr am Werke.“